Saturday, August 8, 2009

I DON'T DO WEDDINGS...

...but, I did take my trusty little pocket camera to this one and had a lot of fun recording some of the festivities of the day...just to show (and prove to myself) you don't need a lot of bulky equipment to snap off some pretty good shots. Though I did probably miss a few pix a little faster setup would have captured and a little higher resolution is always nice, the effort was still worth it.
Lovely Audrey (former Sri Lankan beauty queen) and lucky Sanjay tied the knot in the morning on the beach and celebrated in style at the famous Mt. Lavinia Hotel in the evening.
The nice thing about toting a camera to weddings is that everyone there is pretty spiffed up. Asian women in colorful sariis are hard to beat! Every single one is a queen, and expects to have their picture taken, so certain liberties are enjoyed by all photographers.
Here are a few pix from the day. I'll be posting a few more on my website at 
so, keep an eye out for those...







Oh, yeah...another advantage of shooting with a small camera is it keeps your hands free for other things...like hugging the bride.


Here's to Audrey and Sanjay and to many, many years of marital bliss.

God Bless...

Tom


No comments:

Post a Comment