Saturday, March 28, 2009

Now, now...


I got up this morning with time on my mind. Sriyani joined me with another cup of her kicker coffee fit for a king and entered into my train of thought. I didn't give her much of a choice. (By the way, this is a shot of her romping on the beach in Sri Lanka a few moons ago...a lovely lady and a true  Asian beauty!) Seems Albert Einstein weighed in heavily on the subject of time, saying, "The distinction between the past, present and future is only an illusion, however persistent. The future exists simultaneously with the past." hmmm... 
That threw us back to the burning bush where the One speaking revealed Himself as "I AM" to Moses who wanted to know his name. Ahhh, the ever present now One!
And that's one of the things I like so much about still photography - a totally unique visual phenomenon in the realm of the senses... capturing frozen moments, time snippets. Wow!
What's in this coffee?

Well, that's all for NOW...
Remember Mrs. Lot
Don't look back,

Tom

1 comment:

  1. I like that, "The future exists simultaneously with the past", true I guess since our pasts make us what we are today and will definitely shape our future.. while there are consequences to our actions it's nice that He promises us that in Him we can be "new creations" - something that I, at least, struggling often with the consequences of my past actions and what they mean to my future, often have to grab hold of...
    And your wife is indeed a lovely lady - have always thought so - you capture her, and everything else so breathtakingly.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete