Monday, May 11, 2009

HOWDY, NEIGHBOR


I like color. I like shooting colorful things. My friend Richard is one of the most colorful people I know. He accommodated me the other day for a little photo shoot/dance  around his house. Though he lives in the heart of the city, he certainly doesn't act like it. Richard is a landscape artist and a master collector of amazing pieces of unusual art...mostly nature crafted. He has a sharp eye for the unique. As you can probably see, stepping into Richard's world is like entering another dimension. Richard is a throwback to simpler days. He is helpful to a fault, always ready to share what he has and willing to lend a hand in any project. He knows all his neighbors, their kids and relatives, and genuinely stays in touch with all his friends. Richard wears no watch, and has never owned a computer nor a cellphone. He burns wood to stay warm in the winter and never shows up empty handed... and, if he sits you down, he'll tell you a thing or two. 

Ahhh, Nebraska....the good life...

Here's to you, Richard......


You go, Boy!!!!!!

Tom


1 comment:

  1. Wow. What interesting and great neighbors you have!!! Mine aren't nearly so interesting, ranging from downright annoying "we don't socialize!" to just odd "I don't like your curtains!"... Happily being quite odd myself I just adopt whoever I find interesting as a neighbor and keep happy... Isn't it strange the places that we unite in our marriages and our children? I was thinking that today so it was perfect to read your blog about Nebraska/Sri Lanka.. My daughter claims three "home" countries and my neices have four! Talk about long distance neighbors....
    Glad you made it to France - can't wait to hear about Sri Lanka and your impressions there during this time...
    Welcome home neighbor :)

    ReplyDelete