Tuesday, July 31, 2012

GOOD MORNING...

...from Marble Bay
I love being around the water, so to wake up to the sound of waves gently lapping the beach and this young fisherman paddling by was something like a dream to me...

As the sun began revealing the surroundings, I spotted a cliff at the end of the beach and thought I'd try hiking my way through the jungle growth for a view from the top. I felt a bit like Robinson Crusoe...

 ...so, this is what the locals call Marble Bay, just down the coast from China Bay and Trincomalee, a sweet, little soft sand beach on the Eastern side of Sri Lanka...

Once I managed to find my way out of the jungle (with no help from Friday), I strapped on my fins to check out the underwater scenery. It was getting a little windy, so I was fortunate to find this fairly secluded spot just below the cliffs...

To my delight, these little fellas were there to greet me...










Maybe I'm still sleeping,


No problem,
Dream on...
I'll see you there,
Tom

6 comments:

  1. Tom, you make me want to go to wherever you've photographed. This post was no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still dreaming about Marble Bay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are awesome photos. Is this a real place?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's real alright, but timing is always the key...right place, right time, right attitude...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Tom!! God's work revealed in your art!

    ReplyDelete