Wednesday, January 11, 2012

UNFADING BEAUTY...

A friend recently told me that I always seems to be around beautiful women. He was teasing of course, but I took the opportunity to tell him that beauty is in the eye (heart) of the beholder. You've  gotta have an eye for it. I believe it's a gift...something about being attentive and appreciative. 
I think it was Mr. Twain who said all women are beautiful, especially the older ones...
And the ones who gracefully embrace the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit...Ooo la la!!!
The most beautiful of all came to me in a dream the other night...
She approached me and took me in a deep embrace...and, I wouldn't let her go. Nothing was said, but everything was understood...and I mean EVERYTHING! I miss her so much, still here in time on this side.
There was a wise man once who said, the more the words, the less the meaning... 
I tend to agree.
nuff said,
Tom


8 comments:

  1. I miss your mom too. What an awesome woman. I remember our first meeting in December 1971 at your home, and thinking that she was a very, very special woman, so accepting, extremely kind and so interested in others. She taught me so much about being a mom and a wife, ... what a role model. I feel honored to have known her, even though it was only for four years. Thanks for sharing your mom with me! Sriyani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this post, Tom. Your mom was such a wonderful person and I was so lucky to have met her. We had so much fun together at UMHE. Her memory is a blessing to us all. - Dennis K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, Dennis...very kind of you to remember her so fondly...yes, those were good days... T

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember her and I still see her in the faces of her children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love looking through your eye and listening to your thoughts. You are so inspirational, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful woman and lovely post. Tom, you are a great photographer and writer. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mothers are indeed irreplaceable and yours is one of them. What a beautiful woman. Yasmin

    ReplyDelete